Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication
Дата
Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 8:27 AM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 5:30 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Friday, October 15, 2021 7:23 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > > Attach a patch to fix it.
> > Attach a new version patch which refactor the fix code in a cleaner way.
> >

> I have not debugged it yet to find out why, but with the patch
> applied, the original double-publish problem that I reported
> (converted to just use TABLE rather than ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA) still
> occurs.

Yeah, I think this is a variant of the problem being fixed by
Hou-San's patch. I think one possible idea to investigate is that on
the subscriber-side, after fetching tables, we check the already
subscribed tables and if the child tables already exist then we ignore
the parent table and vice versa. We might want to consider the case
where a user has toggled the "publish_via_partition_root" parameter.

It seems both these behaviours/problems exist since commit 17b9e7f9
(Support adding partitioned tables to publication). Adding Amit L and
Peter E (people involved in this work) to know their opinion?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.