Re: [HACKERS] Microvacuum support for Hash Index

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Microvacuum support for Hash Index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Jesper Pedersen
<jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/23/2017 02:53 PM, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
>>
>> I have done some more testing with this, and have moved to the patch
>> back to 'Needs Review' pending Amit's comments.
>>

> Moved to "Ready for Committer".

Don't you think we should try to identify the reason of the deadlock
error reported by you up thread [1]?  I know that you and Ashutosh are
not able to reproduce it, but still I feel some investigation is
required to find the reason.  It is quite possible that the test case
is such that the deadlock is expected in rare cases, if that is the
case then it is okay.  I have not spent enough time on that to comment
whether it is a test or code issue.

[1]  - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/dc6d7247-050f-4014-8c80-a4ee676eb384%40redhat.com

--
With Regards,