Re: Excessive number of replication slots for 12->14 logical replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Excessive number of replication slots for 12->14 logical replication
Дата
Re: Excessive number of replication slots for 12->14 logical replication  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 11:28 AM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 3:46 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks good.
> >
> > I have one minor comment:
> >
> > -                    * SUBREL_STATE_FINISHEDCOPY. The apply worker can also
> > -                    * concurrently try to drop the origin and by this time
> > -                    * the origin might be already removed. For these reasons,
> > -                    * passing missing_ok = true.
> > +                    * SUBREL_STATE_FINISHEDCOPY. So passing missing_ok = true.
> >
> > I think we should change "the apply worker" to "the tablesync worker"
> > but should not remove this sentence. The fact that another process
> > could concurrently try to drop the origin is still true.
> >
> > The rest looks good to me.
> >

> Updated as described.

The patch looks good to me though I would like to test it a bit more
before pushing. Do we want to back-patch this? It is a clear
improvement as compared to the current implementation but OTOH, users
can use the workaround of increasing max_replication_slots, so, one
can say that it is okay to just make this change in HEAD. What do you
think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.