Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 3:08 PM k.jamison@fujitsu.com
<k.jamison@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hmm. When I repeated the performance measurement for non-recovery,
> I got almost similar execution results for both master and patched.
>
> Execution Time (in seconds)
> | s_b   | master | patched | %reg   |
> |-------|--------|---------|--------|
> | 128MB | 15.265 | 14.769  | -3.36% |
> | 1GB   | 14.808 | 14.618  | -1.30% |
> | 20GB  | 24.673 | 24.425  | -1.02% |
> | 100GB | 74.298 | 74.813  | 0.69%  |
>
> That is considering that I removed the recovery-related checks in the patch and just
> executed the commands on a standalone server.
> -       if (InRecovery && reln->smgr_cached_nblocks[forknum] != InvalidBlockNumber)
> +       if (reln->smgr_cached_nblocks[forknum] != InvalidBlockNumber)

Why so? Have you tried to investigate? Check if it takes an optimized
path for the non-recovery case?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Andrey Borodin
Сообщение: Re: Deleting older versions in unique indexes to avoid page splits