Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 1:55 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> > Pushed.
>
> I think you'd be way better off making the gid fields be "char *"
> and pstrdup'ing the result of pq_getmsgstring.  Another possibility
> perhaps is to use strlcpy, but I'd only go that way if it's important
> to constrain the received strings to 200 bytes.

I think it is important to constrain length to 200 bytes for this case
as here we receive a prepared transaction identifier which according
to docs [1] has a max length of 200 bytes. Also, in
ParseCommitRecord() and ParseAbortRecord(), we are using strlcpy with
200 as max length to copy prepare transaction identifier. So, I think
it is better to use strlcpy here unless you or Peter feels otherwise.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-prepare-transaction.html

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.