Re: INSERT .. SET syntax

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: INSERT .. SET syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 1:06 AM, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a patch for $SUBJECT.  I'll probably work on the docs a bit more
> before the next CF, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I could see that it can be useful in certain cases as described in the
documentation part of the patch.  I noticed that you have used
transformUpdateTargetList() to generate expression list for this case,
but that function raises some internal errors which indicates that
error is from Update.  I think that might be misleading to users, if
they ever got raised.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.