Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 7, 2023 at 1:36 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I prefer the first suggestion. I've attached the updated patch.

This looks mostly good to me but I think it would be better if we can
also add the information that the leftmost index column must be a
non-expression. So, how about: "Candidate indexes must be btree,
non-partial, and the leftmost index column must be a non-expression
and reference to a published table column (i.e. cannot consist of only
expressions)."?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.