Re: Use fadvise in wal replay

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Use fadvise in wal replay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 1:07 PM Kirill Reshke <reshke@double.cloud> wrote:

> Recently we faced a problem with one of our production clusters. We use a cascade replication setup in this cluster,
thatis: master, standby (r1), and cascade standby (r2). From time to time, the replication lag on r1 used to grow,
whileon r2 it did not. Analysys showed that r1 startup process was spending a lot of time in reading wal from disk.
Increasing/sys/block/md2/queue/read_ahead_kb to 16384 (from 0) helps in this case. Maybe we can add fadvise call in
postgresqlstartup, so it would not be necessary to change settings on the hypervisor?

I wonder if the newly introduced "recovery_prefetch" [1] for PG-15 can
help your case?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/runtime-config-wal.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-WAL-RECOVERY

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber
От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY extendable in order to support Parquet and other formats