Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Дата
RE: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation  ("Jamison, Kirk" <k.jamison@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 2:30 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2018-Nov-15, Laurenz Albe wrote:
>
> > This new option would not only mitigate the long shared_buffers scan,
> > it would also get rid of the replication conflict caused by the
> > AccessExclusiveLock taken during truncation, which is discussed in
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/c9374921e50a5e8fb1ecf04eb8c6ebc3%40postgrespro.ru
> > and seems to be a more difficult problem than anticipated.
>
> FWIW I was just reminded yesterday that the AEL-for-truncation has been
> diagnosed to be a severe problem in production, and with no other
> solution in sight, I propose to move forward with the stop-gap.

+1.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Keep one postmaster monitoring pipe perprocess