Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 8:31 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

The fixes in the latest patchset are correct.  Few minor comments:
v26-0005-Implement-streaming-mode-in-ReorderBuffer
+ /*
+ * Mark toplevel transaction as having catalog changes too if one of its
+ * children has so that the ReorderBufferBuildTupleCidHash can conveniently
+ * check just toplevel transaction and decide whethe we need to build the
+ * hash table or not.  In non-streaming mode we mark the toplevel
+ * transaction in DecodeCommit as we only stream on commit.

Typo, /whethe/whether
missing comma, /In non-streaming mode we/In non-streaming mode, we

v26-0008-Add-support-for-streaming-to-built-in-replicatio
+ /*
+ * This memory context used for per stream data when streaming mode is
+ * enabled.  This context is reeset on each stream stop.
+ */

Can we slightly modify the above comment as "This is used in the
streaming mode for the changes between the start and stop stream
messages.  We reset this context on the stream stop message."?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.