Re: undetected deadlock in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: undetected deadlock in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 7, 2023 at 11:21 AM Shlok Kyal <shlok.kyal.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I mean to commit the open transaction at the below place in
> > wait_for_relation_state_change()
> >
> > wait_for_relation_state_change()
> > {
> > -- commit the xact
> > WaitLatch();
> > }
> >
> > Then start after the wait is over. This is just to test whether it
> > improves the difference in regression test timing.
>
> I tried the above approach and observed that the performance of this
> approach is nearly same as the previous approach.

Then let's go with the original patch only. BTW, it took almost the
same time (105 wallclock secs) in my environment (CentOs VM) to run
tests in src/test/subscription both with and without the patch. I took
a median of five runs. I have slightly adjusted the comments and
commit message in the attached. If you are fine with this, we can
commit and backpatch this.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.