Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 6:18 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 6:34 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:56 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Another thing I'm concerned is that the syntax "SKIP (
> > > subscription_parameter [=value] [, ...])" looks like we can specify
> > > multiple options for example, "SKIP (xid = '100', lsn =
> > > '0/12345678’)”. Is there a case where we need to specify multiple
> > > options? Perhaps when specifying the target XID and operations for
> > > example, “SKIP (xid = 100, action = ‘insert, update’)”?
> > >

> > Yeah, or maybe prepared transaction identifier and actions.
>
> Prepared transactions seem not to need to be skipped since those
> changes are already successfully applied, though.

I think it can also fail before apply of prepare is successful. Right
now, we are just logging xid in error cases bug gid could also be
logged as we receive that in begin_prepare. I think currently xid is
sufficient but I have given this as an example for future
consideration.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.