От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 8:25 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some comments not related to the patch but to the existing code:
>
> ---
> It might have already been discussed but is the
> src/backend/replication/logical the right place for the slocsync.c? If
> it's independent of logical decoding/replication, is under
> src/backend/replication could be more appropriate?

This point has not been discussed, so thanks for raising it. I think
the reasoning behind keeping it in logical is that this file contains
a code for logical slot syncing and a worker doing that. As it is
mostly about logical slot syncing so there is an argument to keep it
under logical. In the future, we may need to extend this functionality
to have a per-db slot sync worker as well in which case it will
probably be again somewhat related to logical slots. Having said that,
there is an argument to keep it under replication as well because the
functionality it provides is for physical standbys.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.