Re: [HACKERS] src/test/subscription/t/002_types.pl hanging onparticular environment

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] src/test/subscription/t/002_types.pl hanging onparticular environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On 19 September 2017 at 18:04, Petr Jelinek <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com>
>> wrote:
>>> If you are asking why they are not identified by the
>>> BackgroundWorkerHandle, then it's because it's private struct and can't
>>> be shared with other processes so there is no way to link the logical
>>> worker info with bgworker directly.
>
>> I really want BackgroundWorkerHandle to be public, strong +1 from me.
>
> I'm confused about what you think that would accomplish.  AFAICS, the
> point of BackgroundWorkerHandle is to allow the creator/requestor of
> a bgworker to verify whether or not the slot in question is still
> "owned" by its request.

Right, but can we avoid maintaining additional information (in_use,
generation,..) in LogicalRepWorker which is similar to bgworker worker
machinery (which in turn can also avoid all the housekeeping for those
variables) if we have access to BackgroundWorkerHandle?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.