Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Attached is a significantly revised version of the earlier series. Most
> importantly I have:
> * Unified the window/unix latch implementation into one file (0004)

After applying patch 0004* on HEAD, using command patch -p1 < <path_of_patch>, I am getting build failure:

c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'src/backend/storage/ipc/latch.c': No such file or directory

I think it could not rename port/unix_latch.c => storage/ipc/latch.c.  I have tried with git apply, but no success.  Am I doing something wrong?

One minor suggestion about patch:

+#ifndef WIN32
 void
 latch_sigusr1_handler(void)
 {
  if (waiting)
  sendSelfPipeByte();
 }
+#endif   /* !WIN32 */

 /* Send one byte to the self-pipe, to wake up WaitLatch */
+#ifndef WIN32
 static void
 sendSelfPipeByte(void)

Instead of individually defining these functions under #ifndef WIN32, isn't it better to combine them all as they are at end of file.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.