Re: [RFC] Extend namespace of valid guc names

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [RFC] Extend namespace of valid guc names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think the idea that we should consider a different way of handling
> tabular configuration data has merit.  In fact, how much sense does it
> make to have these options (the ones for which this patch is being
> written) be GUCs in the first place?
  This is mainly for Customized option and or that it depends on
user, how he wants to name the variables.

> ALTER USER/DATABASE don't work for
> them, they can't be usefully changed in the commandline, there's no
> working SET.
  Do you mean to say that it doesn't work for SET command?  As it is discussed upthread that if it works for
set_config()/SET,.. so it is better that it should be allowed through
postgresql.conf

> If we had some way to plug these into pg_hba.conf parsing machinery
> (which is tabular data), I would suggest that.  But that doesn't sound
> really sensible.  I think the idea of putting this configuratio data
> in a separate file, and perhaps a more convenient format than
> three-level GUC options, should be considered.

This will be really better if we can figure out a more sophisticated
way to handle, but I think if it currently works with other
mechanism's of GUC settings (set_config,SET, etc.), then what is the
harm in allowing it through postgresql.conf file?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Completing PL support for Event Triggers
От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: 9.3 Json & Array's