Re: logical replication of truncate command with trigger causes Assert

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: logical replication of truncate command with trigger causes Assert
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 12:20 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > This also needs to be changed to test-and-elog.
>
> Here's a proposed patch for this.  It looks like pretty much all of the
> bogosity is new with the streaming business.

Except for the change in change in apply_handle_commit which seems to
be from the time it is introduced in commit 7c4f5240

>  You might quibble with
> which things I thought deserved elog versus report.

I wonder why you used elog in handle_streamed_transaction and
apply_handle_commit? It seems all the other places use ereport for
anything wrong it got from the protocol message.

>  Another thing
> I'm wondering is how many of these messages really need to be
> translated.  We could use errmsg_internal and avoid burdening the
> translators, perhaps.

Not sure but I see all existing similar ereport calls don't use errmsg_internal.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.