Re: pg_get_publication_tables() output duplicate relid

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pg_get_publication_tables() output duplicate relid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 8:04 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:

> So IIUC the scenario of concern is when a table to be attached as a
> partition is in a schema that's present in pg_publication_namespace.
> The only way to stop it from being published is to move it to another
> schema that is not published using that publication.
>
> I think I misunderstood how the IN SCHEMA feature works.
> Specifically, I didn't know that one can add a partitioned table to
> the same publication (or any table other than those in a particular
> schema for that matter).  Then the attached partition would still be
> present in the publication by way of being part of the schema that is
> present in the publication, along with the partitioned table that is
> added separately.

Right.

> Yes, my proposal in its current form can't prevent that kind of duplication.

I am not sure how to proceed here. I feel it is better to go ahead
with the fix Hou-san proposed here and in another email [1] to fix the
know issues, especially because the issue discussed in [1] needs to be
back-patched. We can evaluate your proposal separately for HEAD. What
do you think? I am fine if you think that we should evaluate/analyze
your proposal before making a call on whether to fix the existing
issues with the proposed set of patches.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OS0PR01MB57165D94CB187A97128F75EA946A9%40OS0PR01MB5716.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

--
With Regards,