Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [Patch] Optimize dropping of relation buffers using dlist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 1:40 PM k.jamison@fujitsu.com
<k.jamison@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have tested that optimization works for index relations.
>
> I have attached the V34, following the conditions that we use "cached" flag
> for both DropRelFileNodesBuffers() and DropRelFileNodesBuffers() for
> consistency.
> I added comment in 0004 the limitation of optimization when there are TOAST
> relations that use NON-PLAIN strategy. i.e. The optimization works if the data
> types used are integers, OID, bytea, etc. But for TOAST-able data types like text,
> the optimization will be skipped and force a full scan during recovery.

AFAIU, it won't take optimization path only when we have TOAST
relation but there is no insertion corresponding to it. If so, then we
don't need to mention it specifically because there are other similar
cases where the optimization won't work like when during recovery we
have to just perform TRUNCATE.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: RE: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS