Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 7:48 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 11:43 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> > That said, this introduces a new restriction for this particular
> > scenario that doesn't exist on other scenarios. Instead, I would
> > advocate we document how to correctly set up the two-way replication
> > scenario (which we have a draft!), document the warnings around the
> > conflicts, perhaps include Vignesh's instructions on how to remediate a
> > conflict on initial sync, and consider throwing a WARNING as you suggested.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Perhaps a WARNING can be useful if the SUBSCRIPTION was created with
> enabled=false because then the user still has a chance to reconsider,

Agreed. I think but in that case, when the user enables it, we need to
ensure that we won't allow replicating (during initial sync) remote
data. If this is really required/preferred, it can be done as a
separate enhancement.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.