Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 3:38 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

>   * This needn't actually be part of a checkpoint, but it's a convenient
> - * location.
> + * location. is_shutdown is true in case of a shutdown checkpoint.
>
> Relying on the first sentence, if we decide to not persist the
> replication slot at the time of checkpoint, would that be OK? It
> doesn't look like a convenience thing to me any more.

Instead of removing that comment, how about something like this: "This
needn't actually be part of a checkpoint except for shutdown
checkpoint, but it's a convenient location."?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.