Re: Merging postgresql.conf and postgresql.auto.conf

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Merging postgresql.conf and postgresql.auto.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 10:02 AM, David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You're right.
> > pg_setting and SHOW command use value in current session rather than
> > config file.
> > It might break these common infrastructure.
>
> Two changes solve this problem in what seems to be a clean way.
> 1) Upon each parsing of postgresql.conf we store all assigned variables
> somewhere
> 2) We display these assignments in a new pg_settings column named
> "system_reset_val"
>
> I would also extend this to include:
> a) upon each parsing of postgresql.auto.conf we store all assigned variables
> somewhere (maybe the same place as postgresql.conf and simply label the file
> source)

Do we need to perform this parsing whenever user queries pg_settings?
I think it might lead to extra cycles of reading file when user won't even
need it and as the code is shared with SHOW commands that could be
slightly complicated.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.