Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 04/11/2014 01:35 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> I don't think this is a complete fix, for example what about platform
>> where
>> _CreateRestrictedToken() is not supported.  For Example, the current
>> proposed fix will not work for below case:
>>
>> if (_CreateRestrictedToken == NULL)
>> {
>> /*
>> * NT4 doesn't have CreateRestrictedToken, so just call ordinary
>> * CreateProcess
>> */
> Are we really supporting NT4 any more? Even XP is about to be at end of
> support from Microsoft.

In Docs, it is mentioned as Windows (Win2000 SP4 and later).
Now what shall we do with this part of code, shall we keep it as it is and
just fix in other part of code or shall we remove this part of code?

Another thing to decide about this fix is that whether it is okay to fix it
for CTRL+C and leave the problem open for CTRL+BREAK?
(The current option used (CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP) will handle
only CTRL+C).

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.