Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 4:25 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 12:06, Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
> <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Updated the comment and the function call.
> >
> > Kindly have a look at the updated patch v17.
>
> Thanks for the updated patch, few comments:
> 1) min_apply_delay was accepting values like '600 m s h', I was not
> sure if we should allow this:
> alter subscription sub1 set (min_apply_delay = ' 600 m s h');

I think here we should have specs similar to recovery_min_apply_delay.

> 2) How about adding current_txn_wait_time in
> pg_stat_subscription_stats, we can update the current_txn_wait_time
> periodically, this will help the user to check approximately how much
> time is left(min_apply_delay - stat value) before this transaction
> will be applied in the subscription. If you agree this can be 0002
> patch.

Do we have any similar stats for recovery_min_apply_delay? If not, I
suggest let's postpone this to see if users really need such a
parameter.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.