Re: [HACKERS] COPY (query) TO ... doesn't allow parallelism

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] COPY (query) TO ... doesn't allow parallelism
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 4:49 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the moment $subject doesn't allow parallelism, because copy.c's
> pg_plan_query() invocation doesn't set the CURSOR_OPT_PARALLEL_OK
> flag.
>
> To me that appears to be an oversight rather than intentional.

I also don't see any problem in parallelizing it.  On a related note,
I think it might be better to have an IsInParallelMode() check in this
case as we have at other places.  This is to ensure that if this
command is invoked via plpgsql function and that function runs is the
parallel mode, it will act as a safeguard.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.