Re: Is zheap on track for PostgreSQL 12.0?

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Is zheap on track for PostgreSQL 12.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 8:29 PM Michael Goldshteyn <mgold10000@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just read an article about the advantages of zheap over the heap that PostgreSQL currently uses and there were
severalposts on this list about it being more compact as well as more performant. I am hopeful that it makes it into
PostgreSQL12.0, but it is unclear what the current status of this change is.

> Can one of the Postgres devs please chime in on its status for 12.0?

I don't think there is any chance for zheap to get into PG12.0.
However, we have made good progress by rebasing it over pluggable API
(thanks to Andres for doing the leg work for same).  We have also made
quite a few performance improvements in the last few months.  Right
now, we are doing some stress testing of the core zheap and trying to
finish the remaining things like support for logical decoding.  Also,
we are trying to make progress on the undo patches by reviewing the
code which is one of the building blocks for zheap.  I request you to
help in review/test of zheap if you want to see more progress on the
same.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: initdb --allow-group-access behaviour in windows
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Reorganize collation lookup time and place