Re: replication_origin and replication_origin_lsn usage on subscriber

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: replication_origin and replication_origin_lsn usage on subscriber
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 2:47 PM Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 14/07/2020 10:29, Amit Kapila wrote:

> >> Okay,  so do you mean to say that with the first start message we send
> >> the origin_id of the latest change?
> >>

> > Yes.
> >
> >>   because during the transaction
> >> lifetime, the origin id can be changed.
> >>

> > Yeah, it could be changed but if we have to send again apart from with
> > the first message then it should be sent with each message.  So, I
> > think it is better to just send it once during the transaction as we
> > do it now (send with begin message).
> >

> I am not sure if I can follow the discussion here very well, but if I
> understand correctly I'd like to clarify two things:
> - origin id does not change mid transaction as you can only have one per xid

As shown by Dilip, I don't think currently we have any way to prevent
this from changing during the transaction.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: replication_origin and replication_origin_lsn usage on subscriber
Сообщение: Re: replication_origin and replication_origin_lsn usage on subscriber