Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 5:55 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 3:02 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 5:34 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
> > <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
> > 3) Can add a line in the commit message saying "Bump catalog version."
> > as the patch involves changing the catalog.
> Hmm, let me postpone this fix till the final version.
> The catalog version gets easily updated by other patch commits
> and including it in the middle of development can become
> cause of conflicts of my patch when applied to the PG,
> which is possible to make other reviewers stop reviewing.

Vignesh seems to be suggesting just changing the commit message, not
the actual code. This is sort of a reminder to the committer to change
the catversion before pushing the patch. So that shouldn't cause any
conflicts while applying your patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.