Re: Build-farm - intermittent error in 031_column_list.pl

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Build-farm - intermittent error in 031_column_list.pl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 8:16 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> It does "fix" the case of [1].  But AFAIS
> RelationSyncEntry.replicate_valid is only used to inhibit repeated
> assumed to return a invalid entry. (Since the flag is not checked
> nowhere else.)
>
> For example pgoutput_change does not check for the flag of the entry
> returned from the function before uses it, which is not seemingly
> safe. (I didn't check further, though)
>
> Don't we need to explicitly avoid using invalid entries outside the
> function?

We decide that based on pubactions in the callers, so even if entry is
valid, it won't do anything.  Actually, we don't need to avoid setting
replication_valid flag as some of the publications for the table may
be already present. We can check if the publications_valid flag is set
while trying to validate the entry. Now, even if we don't find any
publications the replicate_valid flag will be set but none of the
actions will be set, so it won't do anything in the caller. Is this
better than the previous approach?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.