Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 10:33 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 10:21 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > prairiedog just failed in not-quite-the-same way, which reinforces the
> > idea that this test is dependent on MAXALIGN, which determines physical
> > tuple size.  (I just checked the buildfarm, and the four active members
> > that report MAXALIGN 4 during configure are florican, lapwing, locust,
> > and prairiedog.  Not sure about the MSVC critters though.)  The
> > spill_count number is different though, so it seems that that may not
> > be the whole story.
> >

> It is possible that MAXALIGN stuff is playing a role here and or the
> background transaction stuff. I think if we go with the idea of
> testing spill_txns and spill_count being positive then the results
> will be stable. I'll write a patch for that.

Please find the attached patch for the same. Additionally, I have
skipped empty xacts during decoding as background autovacuum
transactions can impact that count as well. I have done some minimal
testing with this. I'll do some more.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication
Сообщение: Re: Resetting spilled txn statistics in pg_stat_replication