Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns
Дата
Ответ на Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 1:43 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Tue, 19 Jul 2022 16:57:14 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > >
> > > I would hesitate to add comments about preventing the particular
> > > optimization. I think we do null-pointer-check-then-pfree many place.
> > > It seems to me that checking the array length before memcpy is more
> > > natural than checking both the array length and the array existence
> > > before pfree.
> >
> > Anyway according to commit message of 46ab07ffda, POSIX forbits
> > memcpy(NULL, NULL, 0). It seems to me that it is the cause of the
> > false (or over) optimization.  So if we add some comment, it would be
> > for memcpy, not pfree..
>
> For clarilty, I meant that I don't think we need that comment.

Fair enough. I think commit 46ab07ffda clearly explains why it is a
good idea to add a check as Sawada-San did in his latest version. I
also agree that we don't any comment for this change.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.