Re: pg_atomic_exchange_u32() in ProcArrayGroupClearXid()

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pg_atomic_exchange_u32() in ProcArrayGroupClearXid()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 11:06 PM Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> While investigating ProcArrayGroupClearXid() code I wonder why do we have this loop instead of plain
pg_atomic_exchange_u32()call?

We can use pg_atomic_exchange_u32 instead of a loop.  In fact, clog
code uses pg_atomic_exchange_u32 for the same purpose.  I think it is
better to make the code consistent at both places.  Feel free to
change it, otherwise, I can take care of it in a few days time.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.