Re: Postgres 11 release notes

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Postgres 11 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 11 release notes.  I
>> will add more markup soon.  You can view the most current version here:
>>
>>         http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-11.html
>>
>> I expect a torrent of feedback.  ;-)
>>

> Thanks for compiling the first draft.

One more comment on below item:

Allow entire hash index pages to be scanned (Ashutosh Sharma)

Previously each hash index entry has to be locked and scanned separately.

I think it is better to write the second line as "Previously for each
hash index entry, we need to refind the scan position within the page
and cuts down on lock/unlock traffic.".

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.