Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 12:53 PM Mahendra Singh Thalor
<mahi6run@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
sowe can use like "degree for parallel vacuum"

> > > If background workers are many, then automatically, we are using them(by default parallel vacuum). This option is
toput limit on background workers(limit for vacuum workers) to be used by vacuum process.

> > I don't think that the option is just to specify the max limit because
> > that is generally controlled by guc parameters.  This option allows
> > users to specify the number of workers for the cases where he has more
> > knowledge about the size/type of indexes.  In some cases, the user
> > might be able to make a better decision and that was the reason we
> > have added this option in the first place.
> >
> > > So I think, we can use "max parallel vacuum workers (by default, based on no. of indexes)" or "control parallel
vacuumworkers"

> > Hmm, I feel what I suggested is better because of the above explanation.
>
> Agreed.

Okay, thanks for the review.  Attached is an updated patch. I have
additionally run pgindent.  I am planning to commit the attached
tomorrow unless I see more comments.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.