Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:37 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 7:50 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've attached an updated patch. In this version patch, subscription
> > worker statistics are collected per-database and handled in a similar
> > way to tables and functions. I think perhaps we still need to discuss
> > details of how the statistics should be handled but I'd like to share
> > the patch for discussion.
>
> While reviewing the v20, I have some initial comments,
>
> +     <row>
> +
> +      <entry>At least one row per subscription, showing about errors that
> +      occurred on subscription.
> +      See <link linkend="monitoring-pg-stat-subscription-workers">
> +      </entry>
>
> 1.
> I don't like the fact that this view is very specific for showing the
> errors but the name of the view is very generic.  So are we keeping
> this name to expand the scope of the view in the future?

Yes, we are planning to display some other xact specific stats as well
corresponding to subscription workers. See [1][2].

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/OSBPR01MB48887CA8F40C8D984A6DC00CED199%40OSBPR01MB4888.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
[2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1%2B1n3upCMB-Y_k9b1wPNCtNE7MEHan9kA1s6GNsZGB0Og%40mail.gmail.com

--