Re: speed up a logical replica setup

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 5, 2024 at 3:36 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> I love your proposal, so I want to join the review. Here are my first comments.
>
> 01.
> Should we restrict that `--subscriber-conninfo` must not have hostname or IP?
> We want users to execute pg_subscriber on the target, right?

I don't see any harm in users giving those information but we should
have some checks to ensure that the server is in standby mode and is
running locally. The other related point is do we need to take input
for the target cluster directory from the user? Can't we fetch that
information once we are connected to standby?

> 05.
> I found that the connection string for each subscriptions have a setting
> "fallback_application_name=pg_subscriber". Can we remove it?
>
> ```
> postgres=# SELECT subconninfo FROM pg_subscription;
>                                    subconninfo
>  user=postgres port=5431 fallback_application_name=pg_subscriber dbname=postgres
> (1 row)
> ```

Can that help distinguish the pg_subscriber connection on the publisher?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.