Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 6, 2024 at 11:55 AM Bharath Rupireddy

Why the handling w.r.t active_pid in InvalidatePossiblyInactiveSlot()
is not similar to InvalidatePossiblyObsoleteSlot(). Won't we need to
ensure that there is no other active slot user? Is it sufficient to
check inactive_since for the same? If so, we need some comments to
explain the same.

Can we avoid introducing the new functions like
SaveGivenReplicationSlot() and MarkGivenReplicationSlotDirty(), if we
do the required work in the caller?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.