Re: orafce bug issue

От Prakash Ramakrishnan
Тема Re: orafce bug issue
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Pavel and tom,

Thanks for your support now am able to create the extesnion.

Regards,
Prakash.r

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 11:15 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

čt 2. 5. 2019 v 16:53 odesílatel Prakash Ramakrishnan <prakash.ramakrishnan.ap@nielsen.com> napsal:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update and please let me know how can we check the version and incompatibility.

 orafce             | 3.8           | public     | Functions and operators that emulate a subset of functions and packages from the Oracle RDBMS  for another one server i created successfully this time only getting error for other server.

Orafce 3.8 is fresh, but nobody knows from this number for what version of Postgres this dll was compiled.

If you want Orafce, you have to find package that support Postgres that you use - or compile Orafce from source files against dev files of PostgreSQL that you use.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

regards, prakash.

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 7:49 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Prakash Ramakrishnan <prakash.ramakrishnan.ap@nielsen.com> writes:
> while we are creating the orafce extension getting below error.
> AIBE01PR=# create extension orafce;
> ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-11/lib/orafce.so":
> /usr/pgsql-11/lib/orafce.so: undefined symbol: DatumGetFloat4

Perhaps that extension was compiled against some old version of
Postgres (probably 9.6 or earlier)?  Ideally you'd get a version
incompatibility complaint first ... but unfortunately if the dynamic
linker is unhappy, that's going to come out before we can find out
what version the .so is for.

Thanks,
Prakash.R
PostgreSQL - Offshore DBA support TCS / Nielsen Infrastructure Team On call : +91-8939599426