Re: db-connections (application architecture)

От Mark Moellering
Тема Re: db-connections (application architecture)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oh, excellent.  I knew I was about to reinvent the wheel.
Sometimes, there are just too many new things to keep up on.

Thank you so much!

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 10:16 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 11/15/18 7:09 AM, Mark Moellering wrote:
> So, I am working on some system designs for a web application, and I
> wonder if there is any definitive answer on how to best connect to a
> postgres database.
>
> I could have it so that each time a query, or set of queries, for a
> particular request, needs to be run, a new connection is opened, queries
> are run, and then connection is closed / dropped.
>
> OR, I could create a persistent connection that will remain open as long
> as a user is logged in and then any queries are run against the open
> connection.
>
> I can see how, for only a few (hundreds to thousands) of users, the
> latter might make more sense but if I need to scale up to millions, I
> might not want all of those connections open.
>
> Any idea of how much time / overhead is added by opening and closing a
> connection everytime?
>
> Any and all information is welcome.

Connection pooling?

In no particular order:

https://pgbouncer.github.io/

http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: db-connections (application architecture)
Сообщение: Re: db-connections (application architecture)