Re: pgsql: Make VACUUM avoid waiting for a cleanup lock, where possible.

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: pgsql: Make VACUUM avoid waiting for a cleanup lock, where possible.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 8 November 2011 02:46, Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Make VACUUM avoid waiting for a cleanup lock, where possible.
>
> In a regular VACUUM, it's OK to skip pages for which a cleanup lock
> isn't immediately available; the next VACUUM will deal with them.  If
> we're scanning the entire relation to advance relfrozenxid, we might
> need to wait, but only if there are tuples on the page that actually
> require freezing.  These changes should greatly reduce the incidence
> of of vacuum processes getting "stuck".

Minor comment typo but a typo nonetheless:

It's OK to skip vacuuming a page, as long as its not got data

Should be:

It's OK to skip vacuuming a page, as long as it's not got data

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company