Re: can't find data type CIText or CI_Text

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: can't find data type CIText or CI_Text
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 16 January 2012 20:15, Heine Ferreira <heine.ferreira@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was told by someone that in order to store text that isn't case sensitive
> in comparisons I must use CIText or CI_Text.
> I can't find the data type? Also is this  char or varchar data type? Can you
> create an index on this data type?

It's provided by a contrib module so not available by default.  In
PostgreSQL 9.1 you can just run the following in whichever database
you wish it to be made available in:

CREATE EXTENSION citext;

If you're on 9.0 or below, you will need to run a script, the location
of which varies depending on your platform.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/contrib.html

Regards

Thom