Re: Minmax indexes

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: Minmax indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17 September 2013 14:37, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 17 September 2013 07:20, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:

>> > Thanks for the patch, but I seem to have immediately hit a snag:
>> >
>> > pgbench=# CREATE INDEX minmaxtest ON pgbench_accounts USING minmax
>> > (aid);
>> > PANIC:  invalid xlog record length 0
>> >

>> fwiw, this seems to be triggered by ANALYZE.
>> At least i can trigger it by executing ANALYZE on the table (attached
>> is a stacktrace of a backend exhibiting the failure)
>>

> I'm able to run ANALYSE manually without it dying:

try inserting some data before the ANALYZE, that will force a
resumarization which is mentioned in the stack trace of the failure

I've tried inserting 1 row then ANALYSE and 10,000 rows then ANALYSE, and in both cases there's no error.  But then trying to create the index again results in my original error.

--
Thom

Сообщение: Re: Freezing without write I/O
Сообщение: Re: Freezing without write I/O