Re: [OT?] Time-zone database down [was: Re: timezone buglet?]

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: [OT?] Time-zone database down [was: Re: timezone buglet?]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 October 2011 21:17, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Andrea Suisani wrote:
>>> Speaking of Olson tz database, I've just stumbled across this post
>>> and I thought it would be worthy to report it here:
>>> http://blog.joda.org/2011/10/today-time-zone-database-was-closed.html
>
>> I suppose there is nothing stopping them from attacking people who
>> distribute the database, like Postgres, Red Hat, etc.
>
> It seems pretty baseless to me: you can't copyright a collection of
> facts.  I think we should do nothing pending a court decision.

It's ironic that they're attacking those using these facts when their
business is selling fiction poorly disguised as fact.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [OT?] Time-zone database down [was: Re: timezone buglet?]
Сообщение: Re: [OT?] Time-zone database down [was: Re: timezone buglet?]