Migrate2Postgres - A new tool for migration from other DBMSs

От Igal Sapir
Тема Migrate2Postgres - A new tool for migration from other DBMSs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everybody,

I published a tool that makes it easy to migrate a database from other DBMSs to Postgres:
https://github.com/isapir/Migrate2Postgres

Currently it supports migrations from MS SQL Server, but it is written in a way that will make it easy to migrate from other DBMSs as well.

I also published a video (didn't spend too much time editing it, sorry) with an overview and a demo of migrating the AdventureWorld database, which is one of the MS SQL Server sample databases.  The migration itself takes about a minute.  The overview of the tool and the explanations take longer:
https://youtu.be/5eF9_UB73TI

For the impatient, this is the point in the video where I start using the tool (so you can watch that first and then later watch the overview and the configuration options from the beginning);
https://youtu.be/5eF9_UB73TI?t=9m51s

Feedback welcome!  Thank you,

Igal

Сообщение: Re: Deadlock with 2 processes waiting on transactionids and lockingunrelated tables
Сообщение: Re: Deadlock with 2 processes waiting on transactionids and lockingunrelated tables