Re: Fixed PPAS trigger column view condition

От Sanket Mehta
Тема Re: Fixed PPAS trigger column view condition
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

per trigger column is available in PPAS since 8.5 (9.0) version.
It seems that it was wrongly assume by "Guillaume Lelarge" who has added this check in pgadmin that is should not support per column trigger for PPAS.
So the current patch is working for PG and PPAS both.

Please let me know if anything is missing.

Regards,
Sanket Mehta
Sr Software engineer
Enterprisedb

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Sanket Mehta
<sanket.mehta@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> There is one issue with pgadmin while viewing the trigger definition created
> for PPAS server as below:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER tr_a
>   BEFORE UPDATE OF cl1 ON a FOR EACH ROW
> begin
> if(:new.cl1 < 0) then
>  insert into a values (:new.*);
>  END if;
> END;
>
> after creating the trigger using above query,column name cl1(highlighted
> part above) is not visible in property window for that trigger.
>
> In current implementation, there is a condition:
>
> GetLanguage() != wxT("edbspl") in
>
>  ShowTreeDetail() and ReadColumnDetails() functions in pgTrigger.cpp file
> which will prevent it to fetch column name in case db server is PPAS.
>
> I have removed that condition and tested it. It works fine now.
> I have attached the same patch with this mail for your reference.
> Please review it and if it looks good to you please do the needful.

Are per-column triggers in PPAS something that's been added in a
recent release? I wonder if there should be a version check in there,
as the code was pretty clearly intended to be written as it is
originally.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com