Re: index numbers in pg_restore list

От Ben Madin
Тема Re: index numbers in pg_restore list
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Tom and Adrian,

The clarity is helpful - We'll run up a solution to specifically choose the elements.

cheers

Ben

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 at 00:45, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Ben Madin <ben@ausvet.com.au> writes:
> " Is the index number ( the archive ID)  assigned at the time of creation
> of the archive and not otherwise related to the item in the
> original database?"

Yes, it's just assigned internally during pg_dump.  I think the numbers
would hold still as long as you make no DDL changes in the database, but
as soon as you do, all bets are off.

Ausvet Logo

Dr Ben Madin

BVMS MVPHMgmt PhD MANZCVS GAICD