Re: Can postgresql ignore DST ?

От Ben Madin
Тема Re: Can postgresql ignore DST ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'd be a little worried that if you set timezone = 11 for Australia/Sydney you are embedding the daylight savings value, not the standard time value (UTC+10)

If it helps (it may not) we always set our servers to Australia/Brisbane (UTC+10), as Queensland doesn't have daylight savings, and is fairly unlikely to, thus flicking all responsibility to the interface developers... :)

On 15 December 2017 at 10:20, Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 at 7:28 pm, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
Venkata B Nagothi wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 at 4:04 pm, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010@gmail.com> writes:
> > > To rule out any application issues, is it possible to get postgresql to
> > > ignore DST and render all the timestamps with timezone offsets of +11 ?
> >
> > set timezone = 11
>
> We have Timezone configured to Australia/Sydney, we can change that to 11 and do we need to foresee any issues ?

That configuration parameter defines how the client will format
timestamps to strings and vice versa.

It should not have any other effects.

I think what I see is some dates might have changed - is that a possibility ?

If yes, is there any way I can revert back ?

Regards,
Ven

--

Regards,

Venkata B N
Database Consultant

--

Dr Ben Madin
Managing Director

m : +61 448 887 220

5 Shuffrey Street, Fremantle
Western Australia

on the web: www.ausvet.com.au

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this email are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by Ausvet unless expressly stated otherwise. Although Ausvet uses virus scanning software we do not accept liability for viruses or similar in any attachments.