How to remove elements from array .

От Brahmam Eswar
Тема How to remove elements from array .
Дата
Re: How to remove elements from array .
Список pgsql-general
Hi ,

I tried to use array_remove to remove elements from an array but it's saying function doesn't exist . I'm able to use other array functions.

1) Capture the results with multiple columns into array .
2)  if ay results exist then loop through an array to find out the record with col1='Y'
3)  If col1='Y' then get the respective value of Col2 (10) and delete the similar records of col2 if exist.

Col1    Col2
 Y         10
 N         20
N          10

Need to delete record1 and record3.To delete the array records i'm using array_remove but it says doesn't exist.

Version pgadmin4 .

Snippet :-

CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION FUNC1
(
<< List of elements >>
) AS $$

DECLARE

TEST_CODES record1 ARRAY;
     TEMP_REF_VALUE VARCHAR(4000);

BEGIN
        IS_VALID := 'S';

      SELECT ARRAY
   (SELECT ROW(Col1,Col2,COl3,Col4) ::record1
    FROM table1  INTO TEST_CODES
IF array_length(TEST_CODES, 1) > 0 THEN
FOR indx IN array_lower(TEST_CODES, 1)..array_upper(TEST_CODES, 1) LOOP
     IF TEST_CODES[indx].COL1 = 'Y' THEN
TEMP_REF_VALUE:=TEST_CODES[indx].Col2;
TEST_CODES := array_remove(TEST_CODES,TEMP_REF_VALUE);
END IF;
   END Loop;
        END IF;

--