Unexpected "cache lookup failed for collation 0" failure

От Manuel Rigger
Тема Unexpected "cache lookup failed for collation 0" failure
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi everyone,

Is the error "cache lookup failed for collation 0" in this context expected?

CREATE TABLE t0(c0 CHAR(2) COLLATE "C", c1 CHAR(2) COLLATE "POSIX");
INSERT INTO t0 VALUES('', '');
SELECT * FROM t0 WHERE t0.c1 NOT IN (t0.c0); -- unexpected: cache
lookup failed for collation 0

This looks like an internal error message to me. I would expect an
"ERROR:  could not determine which collation to use for string
comparison", which is shown in similar situations (e.g., when
replacing the "NOT IN" by "IN"). This appears like a minor issue to me
though.

Best,
Manuel

Сообщение: Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY unexpectedly fails
Сообщение: Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY unexpectedly fails