Re: autovacuum doesnt run on the pg_toast_id table

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема Re: autovacuum doesnt run on the pg_toast_id table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
But you said that the threshold that is chosen for the toasted table is identical to the originals table threshold right ? Is that a normal behavior that the original table has 1000recrods but the toasted has more than 10m? How can I set a different threshold for the toasted table ? As it seems right now the threshold for the original table is set to 0.05 and it it to often for the original but for the toasted table it isn't enough because it has more then 10 m records..

On Jan 17, 2019 9:09 PM, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-Jan-17, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:

> I did it for the original table. But I see in the logs that the autovacuun
> on the toasted table isn't synced with the autovacuun of the original
> table. Therefore I thought that it worth to set it also for the toasted
> table. Can you explain why in the logs I see more vacuums of the original
> table then the toasted table ? Should they vacuumed together ?

No, they are processed separately, according to the formula explained in
the documentation.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Сообщение: Re: autovacuum doesnt run on the pg_toast_id table
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum doesnt run on the pg_toast_id table